Saturday, October 8, 2011

#1 Climbing the Invisible Ladder

I have a secret. Something I have only told very few people. I have depression, the real, “I get really unhappy every so often” kind that I will have for the rest of my life. I have had symptoms of it since I was in the 6 th grade, and I tried to hide it. For years no one had a clue; my friends, my family, and my teachers. Not a soul ever knew that I felt less then peachy keen 100% of the time. But I didn’t a lot of the time, I felt horrible about myself and about other people. I felt completely worthless. I assumed it was normal.
By the time I was a sophomore my depression became more pronounced, I spent a lot of time avoiding people, trapping myself in my room with my unhappy thoughts. Unfortunately, this led to one of the most common symptoms of depression, thoughts of suicide. I eventually confessed my feelings to my doctor and scheduled an appointment with a psychologist and went to therapy every week. Through that I realized things about myself that allowed my depression to fester I learned to live my life differently, that way it wasn’t so easy to be pulled under. For a few months things were fine, I kept negative feelings at bay with coping skills that I learned in therapy and I was feeling lighter and better. However, right around Christmas things spiraled out of control.  I’m not going to get into all of the gritty details but I ended up in the hospital. For 4 days I was miserable with about 20 other girls, who were about as pleasant as paper cuts right in between your fingers.
I learned a lot from the other patients. Those girls live an entirely different life from me, and big part of me realizes I have so much more to be happy about then they do. I have family that care about me, but most of all I’m going somewhere. I’m living my life with a clear path in mind; not wandering through life inebriated not caring whether or not I see tomorrow. Eventually, I got out and when I came home, things had changed for me. My life could be so different.  I could be like one of those girls, easily. So now when I become unhappy, I think about a girl named Chimae. I think about how serious she was about recovery and it reminds me that she fell a lot further then I did, but she was working harder then me to get better. Part of me says that she was inspirational to me, another part
says I am entirely to competitive, but either way, I think of her and I remember that I should evaluate my life before I fall over the edge and remember how many lives I touch and how many lives touch mine. After I remember that its hard to think that giving anything up would be worth the cost.

Performed: 3/2011

4 comments:

  1. Hello
    Nice monologue written.
    I will be entering a speech tournament. May I use it for the tournament?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, may I use this for my audition for collage?:)x please respond asap x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your monologue today to a group of my colleagues and they absolutely, LOVED it! You are ever, sooo talented...thank you so very much for sharing your story...it is inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. For Total Cure Call    +2349010754824,  or email him   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com       For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE contact him. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure. For:Dengue Fever, Malaria. Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Obesity, Lupus. Soreness/Injury  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count. Bacteria, Impotence Fertility,Protoplasmic, Diarrhea. Hepatitis A&B, Rabies. Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Gallstone, Cystic Fibrosis, Schizophrenia, Crubs, Cirrhosis,  Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Cornelia Disease, Weak Erection. Ovarian problem,  Erysipelas, Thyroid, Relapsing polychondritis,  Discharge from Penis. Bronchial Problem,  HPV.  Hepatitis A and B. STD. Smallpox, Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism,  Impotence, thyroid, Autism, Depression,  Sepsis Bacteria,  Penis enlargement, Prostate Problem,  Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  +2349010754824  and email him    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    Note For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE.I suffered in Cancer for a year and three months dying in pain and full of heartbreak. One day I was searching through the internet and I came across a testimony of herpes cure by doctor Akhigbe. So I contacted him to try my luck, we talked and he sent me the medicine through courier service and with instructions on how to be drinking it.To my greatest surprise drinking the herbal medicine within three weeks I got the changes and I was cured totally. I don't really know how it happens but there is power in Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine. He is a good herbalist doctor.

    ReplyDelete